Saturday, April 3, 2010

Saskatoon Blades vs Brandon Wheat Kings Playoff Game


Went to the game tonight in Saskatoon. Walked around the rink before the game looking to see who we could find. Only found my best friend who I had not seen in a year. Ended up just watching two periods and thought for the first time, I'd get skunked. During the second intermission we walked again and low ans behold, Rich Sutter was chatting with some Blades fans. I waited for a few minutes and asked him to sign a puck. I mentioned that I had asked Lukas if there was any relation when I had met him and said he looked up at me and I knew. I smiled and said you guys all look like a family. He said, "Thanks.". I shook his hand and off we went. Whew, never skunked.
The game did get ugly with some questionable calls in the 3rd period, garbage thrown on the ice, caused a delay. I will upload some of the videos tomorrow. Towards the end of the game we headed down behind the Wheaties bench, thinking twice though, some garbage still being thrown. The target was of course Schenn but the 3 Stars were announced and he was not one. Wheaties goalie, Andrew Hayes was the 2nd Star and came out. I leaned over and asked him if I could get an autograph and he replied signing a NHL puck. But no Schenn. From the WJC, I know what his dad looks like so I just waited close to Brayden's family and Brayden came from the dressing room about 30 mins later. I asked him but kinda laughed at this request. If you have ever met Brayden, he's super nice. I asked him for an autograph and he said, "Sure, where?" I held out a puck and said, "But it's your brother's team so maybe sign the back, that's all I could find." He would have signed the Leaf logo but I thought it's a nicer with the NHL logo. 3 pucks signed and called it a night. Rich Sutter did hang around to see Lukas after the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment