Monday, April 13, 2009

Well, almost....






We attended the Calgary Flames last regular season game on Sat night against those pesky rivals, the Edmonton Oilers. If you have ever seen a Flames home game, the "C of Red", is just that, 20000 people wearing Red Flames jerseys. We parked inside the grounds and started walking to the front doors. I noticed a bus beside the Dome with guys playing soccer. My wife asked who that was and I looked from about 100 yards and it was the Edmonton Oilers. I laughed and said if anyone sees me going down there, with a Flames jersey on for autographs, I won't make it out of here. It was a missed chance. We were also going to head down to the am practice for a chance but after the thrashing the Flames got Fri night, costing them the NorthWest title, I took a chance that they would not practice. I was right too. So during the game the "Oilers suck" chant began and I am from Calgary so they do suck but... One of the main chances of autographs for me out here, is the Jarret Stoll golf tournament in June. I have got lots of items signed and yes, they are mostly Oilers. I love my Flames but 10 of the Oilers will be here in June sitting down and signing anything you want for no cost. They are really cool guys....Yikes......
It was a really sad but neat game, it was a nothing game for the Flames so we knew Kipper would not play. Curtis McElhinney, who has not won a game, started. He played great, awesome stops, kinda looked like Kipper on some, hmmm....He won the game 4-1!

No comments:

Post a Comment